At the beginning of 2017, I wrote 7 manifestos; one on parenting, one about family, a personal manifesto, work, health, marriage and happiness.
At the beginning of 2017 I wrote 7 manifestos; one on parenting, one about family, a personal manifesto, work, health, marriage and happiness. Writing down my morals and beliefs, and how I planned to live my life, suddenly made everything very clear and simple.
In just a few months they’ve improved so many things, and, like everything on here, whenever I come across something that I think could be useful I have to share it!
As the writer Gretchen Rubin says (who gave me the idea to write my own manifestos), “It’s a very valuable exercise. Whenever I try to distill my ideas into a clear, succinct list, I find that my understanding improves, and I have a much better sense of what I’m trying to do.”
This is my ‘Parenting Manifesto’, which has definitely given me a much better sense of what I’m trying to do..!
- I am a role model in all that I do whether I feel like it or not.
- Connect before I correct.
- Go outside.
- Let them be little.
- Don’t expect too much.
- Don’t have unrealistic expectations – (They’re not going to stay quiet for two hours in a restaurant!).
- Stay calm. Don’t sweat the small…
Latest posts by Mayra Rodriguez (see all)
- Nervous Child Freezes Up During Talent Show. Crowd Hears Second Voice And Sees Mom Appear - June 23, 2018
- Kristen Bell Shares The Genius Way She And Husband Dax Shepard Stop Their Kids From Cursing - June 23, 2018
- The Family Weekly: The Complexities of Parenting Kids Who Say They’re Trans - June 23, 2018