Follow 1 NEWS NOW’s LIVE coverage from the Tham Luang cave, as day three of the rescue unfolds. Refresh for latest updates.
1 NEWS’ Kimberlee Downs with the latest from Chiang Rai, as four boys and their football coach await rescue.
Source: 1 NEWS
The story so far:
* Eleven boys have been rescued from the cave system and taken to hospital
* Two people remain trapped in the cave
* The remaining boy and their football coach are all expected to be rescued today
* 19 divers entered the cave at 3pm NZ time, with more divers to enter gradually throughout the day
11.30pm: A picture of a helicopter flying from direction of caves towards Chiang Rai hospital, taken by 1 NEWS’ Kimberlee Downs.
11.12pm: Good spirits at the rescue scene.
11.05pm: Reports coming in from Fairfax that the 12th boy is in chamber 3 near the cave’s entrance.
If confirmed that will soon leave only the coach and remaining rescue crew to come out.
10.55pm: Further confirmation the youngest boy is out of the cave safe.
10.45pm: The Guardian reports the Thai PM has cleared up a rumour the boys were sedated for their dangerous journey out of the cave.
10.35pm: 1 NEWS’ Kimberlee Downs, who is in Chiang Rai, spoke to one volunteer who travelled from Hong Kong to help there.
He didn’t want to be named or photographed, but when asked how he feels now, simply said “I’m hopeful”.
The volunteers in Chiang Rai have been such an inspiring force throughout this rescue mission Kimberlee says.
10.32pm: Thai TV say the eleventh to be rescued is the smallest, assumed to be 11-year-old Chanin Wiboonrungrueng.
His identity has not yet been confirmed.
10.30pm: More confirmation on the 11th rescue from the Guardian.
10.20pm: Reuters and CNN are now reporting witnesses have seen an eleventh boy coming out of the cave, making three rescued tonight.
10.20pm: If the reports that the two rescued have both been young members of the Wild Boar football team, then it looks like their 25-year-old coach could be the last person to be rescued from the cave as expected.
10.00pm: The Thai Navy SEALS have posted on Facebook about the time of today’s first rescue.
“The 9th Wild Boar was out of the cave at 4:06 pm. Hooyah!”
That would make it 9.06pm NZ time.
9.50pm: Confirmation from the Guardian of the…
Latest posts by Mayra Rodriguez (see all)
- NXT TakeOver: WarGames 2 results, recap, grades: Classic title bout, grudge match steal the show - November 18, 2018
- David Arquette Left Bloodied in Violent Wrestling Match (Video) - November 18, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian Is ‘Thankful for’ Boyfriend Tristan Thompson Ahead of the Holidays - November 18, 2018