The first few days with your newborn are an exciting time filled with bonding and awe. Unfortunately, one British couple’s early days of bliss were cut short when their 11-day-old stopped drinking milk and had a temperature that spiked throughout the night.
When Lucy Kendall and her partner Jaz Miller rushed Oliver, their baby, to the doctor, they were shocked to find out he had contracted neonatal herpes. After discovering herpes is often passed on when someone who has a cold sore kisses baby and spreads germs, Kendall turned to Facebook to send a reminder to others to stay away from little ones if they are infected.
The mother shares the awful details of her baby’s time in the hospital, with accompanying photos showing how much pain the child had to endure. “Oliver was put onto a heated bed with oxygen. He got a feeding tube put in, along…
Latest posts by Mayra Rodriguez (see all)
- Topseat’s Tiny Hiney Potty Is the Solution to Your Potty Training Woes - January 15, 2019
- 6 Theories About Kate’s “Unconventional Pregnancy” On ‘This Is Us’ Will Test Your Fan Knowledge - January 15, 2019
- I’m Michelle Woo, Lifehacker Parenting Editor, And This Is How I Work - January 15, 2019