Mac Miller, the popular Pittsburgh rapper who died in September at 26, suffered an accidental fatal overdose of fentanyl, cocaine and alcohol, according to a toxicology report released by the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner-Coroner on Monday. The cause of death was listed as “mixed drug toxicity.”

The involvement of fentanyl — a synthetic opiate estimated to be over 50 times more powerful than heroin — puts Miller in the company of other musicians like Prince, Tom Petty and Lil Peep, all of whom died from an accidental overdose involving the drug in recent years. A major component in the growing opiate crisis across the United States, fentanyl is often mixed into black-market supplies of cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine and benzodiazepines.

The Centers for Disease Control estimated this summer that drug overdoses killed about 72,000 Americans last year, a record number and increase of about 10 percent from the year prior.

[Prince overdosed on…

Mayra Rodriguez
Follow Me

Mayra Rodriguez

Content Editor at oneQube
Work from home mom dedicated to my family. Total foodie trying new recipes.Love hunting for the best deals online. Wannabe style fashionista. As content editor, I get to do what I love everyday. Tweet, share and promote the best content our tools find on a daily basis.
Mayra Rodriguez
Follow Me