I recently introduced my readers to what I call “upside-down, inside-out and turned around backward parent-view disorder.” The symptoms of this ubiquitous malady include pervasive and persistent parenting stress, worry, anxiety, guilt, anger, resentment and then more guilt. When all is said and done, these poor souls are in never-ending confusion over who’s in charge.
Many of the folks who suffer from this disorder are in denial. So, to help these suffering souls self-identify, I am rolling out the “Am I Or Am I Not a Raving Parenting Lunatic Scientific Rating Scale.”
Here’s how it works: Simply write T (for true) or F (for false) to the left of each of the following 20 questions. Don’t think too much about any answer. Go with your initial inclination.
1. I think more about my children than I think about anything else.
2. I believe parents should pay as much attention to their children as they possibly can.
3. I want to be involved in every aspect of my kids’ lives.
4. My relationships with my children are the most important relationships in my life.
5. I want my children to like me.
6. When a decision…
Latest posts by Mayra Rodriguez (see all)
- What Are The Best Shoes For Pregnancy? Here Are 5 Comfy AF Options - July 25, 2017
- Why Multitasking Isn’t Your Most Productive Strategy - July 25, 2017
- Love Island’s Chris should be praised for opening up about his mental health - July 25, 2017