It seems as though families are busier than ever, kids and parents are experiencing ever-increasing pressure and everything you eat has some sort of negative health effect.
How can a parent stay on track?
Psychologists in recent years have proven that establishing family traditions and rituals presents a number of mental health benefits, not to mention the opportunity to build on physical health and family relationships. Among the benefits:
• A strong sense of personal identity in children. Traditions allow parents natural opportunities to pass down family values and share pieces of family culture with younger generations.
• Healthy family relationships. Happy memories associated with family traditions lead to a positive view of time spent with family, and meaningful experiences help foster strong bonds among family members and create a sense of belonging. Planned activities allow parents to fold in family values and other outside lessons like the importance of education, physical fitness or giving back to the community.
Establishing a family tradition might sound like a tall order, but it doesn’t need to be an expensive…
Latest posts by Mayra Rodriguez (see all)
- 7 Great-Smelling Colognes That Actually Last All Day - September 20, 2018
- Eating Too Much Gluten While Pregnant Could Have This Impact On Your Child’s Health, New Study Finds - September 20, 2018
- 5 Tips For Raising A Body-Positive Preschooler - September 20, 2018